My Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's been a month since my last post and what a busy month it's been!!

Hello blog-o-sphere! First off, let me apologize for my month-long hiatus!! It's been a whirlwind of a month for me and blogging just didn't happen. So let me update you all. I finished my second-to-last semester of pharmacy school! We had to take this very large exam to determine if we are ready to graduate in May and to practice for our big board exam. Boy was I nervous! I passed and was soooo super excited!!!!

I also went to my college alma mater and spoke with a group about my lap band journey. I went to a small college in Batesville, AR called Lyon College. The nurse is a fabulous lady who really cares about students. She sponsors this program called "The Biggest Winner" each semester which is modeled a bit after the show Biggest Loser. I remember when I was there I participated for a bit. But of course, this was another one of my participate and be excited for a little while and then quit… This program really works well for her students and even the faculty. Anyway, I was invited to come tell my story. I spoke to a few students and faculty about my journey and some general nutrition and exercise stuff. It was so rewarding for me to speak with people who were very interested in the process and of course health in general. I know I got way more out of my talk than they did. It was so nice to share my experience and to see how amazingly supportive the folks are there.

In other news, I got married on December 8, 2013!! I married my best friend and the love of my life, Judd. He's literally the most supportive person and I really don't know what I did to deserve someone so fabulous. We got married at a small chapel outside Orlando, FL and spent the week in Disney World. Here's a few pics!


We had such a good time!! And I actually lost weight on the trip. FOUR pounds! But I'm getting ahead of myself. I first need to update you guys in general on my weight status. 

Starting weight: 240 pounds
Weight at surgery: 234 pounds (this is where the ticker at the top of the blog starts counting)
Current weight: 208 pounds

Weight loss to date: 32 pounds!! 

My surgery was 3 months and one week ago today! I'm so proud of how much weight I've lost and how well I've done. I've made some big changes in my life. I eat healthy, I work out 3 times a week. I finished boot camp (except the week I was on my honeymoon)!! I didn't quit something and I can't tell you what a huge deal that is for me. The next set of classes start January 5 and I'm going to be there! I love McClure Fitness. If you live in or around Benton, AR, I highly recommend their bootcamp. It's fun and will kick your butt!! 

Thanks for reading y'all and have a wonderful rest of the week! It's only 7 days until Christmas! Merry Christmas and I hope all of you get a chance to enjoy the holiday with your family and friends, the most important part of the holiday!! Thanks for reading folks!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your marriage and your weight loss!

    Your surgery was almost exactly 1 year after mine, so I look forward to seeing where you are along your journey! I love reading 'newly' banded bloggers because it reminds me of my journey and why I need to finish :)

    ReplyDelete