My Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Friday, September 13, 2013

Hello blog-o-sphere! This is my first blog post-op. I got to come home yesterday around 3pm, and let me tell you, I was so exhausted that I had some chicken broth, sat up for another 30 minutes or so and went to bed! Hospitals are nice and all to take care of you, but you can pretty much forget sleeping there!

My surgery went very well! I have 6 small cuts on my abdomen (one of which is in my belly button=WEIRD). Here's a picture of 5 of the spots, you can't see the one in my belly button of course. And please ignore the not so pretty tummy showing but I really wanted to lay everything out for anyone considering such a surgery!



The incisions were pretty uncomfortable yesterday but I had some really good pain medicine that helped a lot.

Here's what the band looks like on the inside! Sorry if this is too nasty for some eyes...



When I got to my room mid-day on the 11th, my fabulous fiancé Judd had sent me flowers! Aren't they just beautiful!? He's too good to me!


So while in the hospital I was on clear liquids only. That meant things like chicken broth, jello, popsicles, etc. In addition to clear liquids, I was allowed to have a protein shake which was awesome, I'll share what kind they are as soon as I get all the info from my dietitian.

Today has been a fabulous day. I haven't really needed any pain medicine or the stuff for nausea. I've had part of a yogurt today (I'm back on full liquids since discharging from the hospital). It's amazing to me that I got full after only about 3 oz of yogurt! What a huge difference a few days and a lap band has made! Water is a new problem for me. I've always drank a ton of water each day but usually in big gulps, which we know is a no no after banding. So I've literally carried water with me everywhere throughout the house making sure a take a small sip every minute or two. Its such a new life after banding but I just know its going to be absolutely amazing!! 

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll be blogging more over the next few days, especially since my mom's surgery is only 5 days away!

Thanks for reading and for all of your encouraging comments!! 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the other side! Congrats! Looking forward to reading more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete