My Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Its officially been one week since I was banded. I've been blown away by how fast I've recovered. I feel wonderful! This week I've been working a little; just paperwork style since I can't do any lifting or strenuous stuff. I guess I should explain a little more about me. I've told you all that I'm in pharmacy school, so you may be wondering why I'm not in school right now... I'm in my fourth year of school which is a year of learning outside of the classroom. I have 9 month long rotations where I spend time in a pharmacy working as a pharmacist but under the close eye of a precepting pharmacist. To get all 120+ of my classmates around the state in different locations, we don't get a summer break. Instead we get to pick a month off and we get December off; not having us all off at one helps with scheduling us. So my month off is September and I've just been doing a bit of work as needed to help fill in. Its been really great to be off and it allowed me to have surgery!

Back to my recovery, life is good... I'm still on liquids. This continues for 2 weeks and then we progress to "mushies." My breakfast is usually a chocolate splendor unjury shake. Then about 10 am or so I have a greek yogurt. That normally takes me about 30 minutes to eat so its very filling. For lunch I usually have soup that's been strained or blended. Afternoon snacks are jello or jello pudding. Dinner varies from another Unjury shake to more soup or yogurt depending on how hungry I am. Especially early in the day, I've been very hungry. Liquids just don't hang around in the stomach long so I get hungry fast, usually within an hour or so after eating. I know this is just a phase and that things will settle down where I'm not so hungry once I can progress to mushies and further to real food. :)

In other news, today is my mom's lapband surgery! We are so excited to be embarking on this journey together and I'll let you all know how we are doing very soon.

Thanks for reading and ya'll have a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome that you and your mom are going through this together! My mom actually had surgery 12 (!!) years ago and has maintained over 100 lbs off since she had her surgery. I have my surgery in 11 days and she's getting a fill to help me through! Congrats on your surgery. I'm on a disgusting protein shake liver diet until surgery. I can't wait for broth and popsicles!
    http://www.thatmollygirl.com

    ReplyDelete